Thursday, April 8, 2010

Mandate: You WILL blog....

Mandate from on high: Everyone in this room will have a blog = new blog for me. Well, I've never been shy about sharing my opinion, so I guess this is a good thing. After all, I had a weekly (award-winning, had to sneak that in!) column in another newspaper for years and I loved how it allowed me to vent and post views that didn't align with the norm.

So... here we go... why did I choose the title of my blog? Well, you can thank Bev, she didn't like my original title -- Bell View -- get it? After the insane asylum? Well, neither did a lot of other people.

'Tap Dancing as Fast as I Can' has multiple meanings...two of my children dance, rather they live at the dance studio and much of my life involves taking them to dance, then home from dance, making and rhinestoning and blinging costumes, working to pay for dance, driving to weekend long dance competitions.... you get the picture.

It also refers to the newspaper business, a business that, by its very nature and in this day and age, is based on how fast you can get the news from the source to the people. Instead of worrying just about daily consumption, we must worry about minute-by-minute consumption....who is tweeting, how many Facebook posts, is the Web uploaded....NOW! Don't get me wrong....I LOVE Facebook, I love Web sites, I love technology -- I just loved it more when I was on the receiving end.

4 comments:

  1. I feel honored to break your blog's Comment Cherry. HONORED I TELL YOU.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you! I swear Anthony, I LOVE you!! Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Quiet woman, you're interrupting my smoking of this fine cigar rolled on the thighs of virgins while sipping a cognac.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome to The Saratogian's slice of the blogosphere.

    ReplyDelete